When my wind moves away.
Tuesday, July 3, 2012 ★ 7:34 AM │
I will be writing the prose from the Sun's POV.
p/s: try listening to Crazy by Daughtry while reading this.
Dear diary,
I noticed the change in Em. I am very well aware it is because of me, but to trouble her with my family problems seems selfish, because she never troubles me about anything. Her crying in my arms when someone bothers her or when she had a bad day wasn't something I hate. Instead, it made me feel needed and fuel me strength.
It makes me happy to see her trying hard to make me happy. Bake cupcakes, made me a new scarf that I now wear everyday. But it makes me sad in the same time too. I'm hurting her by keeping Delilah a secret. Delilah, why oh why must you did what you had done? If only..
Delilah, you were my only sister. Why did you have to run away from home? Our life is wrecked enough, I understand. But do pity mum, she had grew us up with everything she could without that drunk fart helping. All he ever did was hurt us and took our money to buy drinks and hire prostitutes. I couldn't bring myself to tell Em about my past. She could be scared, and run from me and maybe fall for someone normal like the other guys in school.
I know you had a boyfriend, Delilah. But Em is my girlfriend and we became each other's strengths. I didn't need to runaway and live with her to be happy. Seeing her on a daily basis is enough. I'm happy. But what you did, made mum fall back into her abyss of drug abuse. I couldn't stand the sight of it. When I come home, I see her lying half alive on the floor, and I carry her in my arms and put her in bed and lock the door of my room, punch the wall and put on loud booming music to forget everything.
And this has been going on for more than a month. From drug abuse, she turned to hurting herself. SHE CUTS, Lila. The person who gave birth to both of us, is dying inside and killing herself in front of your brother. While you ran away with Damien to find a new life, the way you put it.
I was so caught up in keeping mum alive and myself intact in one piece, I forgot I'm Em's Sun. I barely smile outside her company. I keep to myself most. One day, Em confronted me at the park where we first met and asked me why. Yet, I brushed her away till her frustrations fade and we went to her house. I took my guitar which lies next to her bed and played our song. She smiled and a tear rolled down her cheek. Only God knows how guilty I felt for letting the love of my life in pain. I wiped it away, and she hold my hand on her cheek. I counted the movement of her chest, and once she falls asleep, I cried. I cried silently, wishing I am strong to face all of this.
But I can't. I know sharing is a good thing. I know if I told her I might feel better, feel good. But I can't possibly trouble a mind that is already troubled by many other matters bigger than mine. Maybe it's my trait to have been so independent. I know she will hate me for this. But baby, being by my side every day is enough to fuel my strength.
If only I had told her. Because she noticed. She felt it. I am her Sun. How could I have forget?! How? I was so busy, so caught up in what you have left me to handle, Lila, that you made me lost my life, too. You knew that you were Mum's life. But you hurt her, you tore her apart by leaving. And I was busy fixing her that I forgot I'm Em's source to live. She's depressed, she had always been. The first time I saw her smile was when she was in my arms. And I faded away from her side because of YOU, Lila.
And she left me. She said she's a hurricane. I'm a Sun. A hurricane and a Sun can't be together. She wrecks me. She thinks she wrecks me, when mum and you and everything that's happening is what wrecking me senseless at this very moment. How can she take this as her fault? She cannot be blamed.. not at all..
I'm going crazy.. Em, my sweet Em.. come back. Please, before I give up on fixing the broken pieces of my life.. I need you..
your half alive Sun,
Chris.
OLDER POST | NEWER POST